Sunday, September 24, 2006

Saturday Lovely Saturday

Mark and I are quite lazy, I only say this because our "lets make the most of the autumn sunshine" began at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. Well thats what time we dragged ourselves out of the house. Though to be fair a good 3 hours prior to that was spent on the phone to lovely people back home.

Our excursion began on a SouthWest train down to Hampton Court via Surbition, so past all the lovely burbs of London, or Sussex really when you get that far (only 15 min on the train really). Oh so pretty if only I were wealthy, humm sigh.


Ohh but the part I really liked, still in London was the bit between Clapham Junction and Wimbledon, because you can see all the terraced houses and they are on a bit of a slope, so all the houses and rows, upon rows, of chimmney tops makes it look straight out of Mary Poppins.

Anyway so we got there and wandered around before we had a little pub lunch (where I got my text from Av telling me about the birth of her tiny precious new baby Harry William - how exciting), before we went over the the glorious Hampton Court Palace for a bit of a Sunday arvo history lesson. It was lovely and pictures are below - enjoy!





No comments: