Monday, October 29, 2007

Winter becomes us

Well its getting colder, slowly does it, and its not too bad. It's really nice to know that it really is cold and you do have to dress for it properly, rather than it being sort of warm/cool and not really knowing what warmth level you need to dress for, i.e. Spring coat with a scarf, Winter coat but without scarf, short coat with scarf and gloves..... ah the dilemmas. Then having to strip it all off when you get on the tube so you don't melt on the way to work....

I actually got my winter coat out the other day and while it was required on Thursday because it was quite cold when I left home, around 3-4, and with a chilly wind, Saturday I forgot it was going to be warmer and proceed to roast myself in it whilst wandering around Covent Garden and South Kensington. In the end I carried it...Oh well.

But it was nice and cosy having a day in today with DVD's and books to read, Bridget Jones got another watch, as did The Devil Wears Prada *sigh*....I have no idea where my interest in clothes came from, but I am pretty sure I wasn't this obsessed before I came to London....damn this place!!

Haaa hahha, I would not give up having been here, being here and the rest of my stay here for the world. I truely do love it here, it has so much to offer and its a shame that so many people I know don't realise what a fabulous city that they live in or near. Or they live too far away (Australia) to come visit me so I can show them around.

I would love to play tour guide and drag people around to all my favourite spots...like; the view of St Pauls from the Tate, Southbank, Borough Markets, Tower Bridge (I work right near it now - i still love the view from here), Hampstead Heath, Primrose Hill, Marylebone High street, Battersea Park, my own street, Hampstead, Belsize village, Trafalgar Square, Regent Street, Brick lane, The National Gallery, the view from London Bridge, the London Eye, the houses of Parliament, Kensington High street, Selfridges, Portobello Road markets, Camden Markets, Harrods, St James Park, the V&A, Canary Wharf and so much more.

The best thing about these places, is that most of them are free to see and you get a good taste of what London has to offer without paying a cent. So if your reading this and want to come to London....I will happily show you around and hopefully you'd love it as much as I do.

No comments: